Trained ACS Health Systems staff will partner with Cook Children’s participating physicians on evidence-based interventions by providing tools, training, and the latest research to maximize project outcomes. The project focuses on increasing HPV vaccination initiation and completion rates in the North Texas area.
Purpose for the HPV Free Texas Collaboration:
The American Cancer Society and Cook Children’s Medical Center seek to engage participating physicians to increase HPV vaccine initiation and completion rates.
Goals for this collaboration include:
- Increase HPV vaccination rates in children under 13 years of age
- Secure leadership support for practice changes
- Create a comprehensive quality improvement action plan
- Create a culture of team-based quality improvement
- Assess baseline, midpoint, and endpoint vaccination rates
- Engage providers and clinical teams
- Implement effective evidence-based interventions
- Execute sustainable and meaningful process improvement
The ACS does not, and will not, provide any medical referrals, services or treatment. The ACS does not, and will not, provide any advice, counsel or comment on specific courses of treatment or other matters related to any specific physician-patient relationship.
As part of HPV Free Texas, Cook Children’s will implement a quality improvement project to increase HPV vaccination initiation and will include completion rates (for participating physicians). The ACS has partnered with Boston University to offer Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV to participating physicians.
Access all three presentations and complete viewed attestation link
- Project Introduction Video (MP4) and Introduction Viewed Attestation
- Midpoint Video and Midpoint Video Viewed Attestation (not yet released)
- Endpoint Video and Endpoint Video Viewed Attestation (not yet released)
Implementation Plan submission (link to be released) to include:
- Interventions or changes completed (g. Education for our clinical staff on importance of this vaccine, add compliance check in patient’s EHR, utilize pamphlets on this vaccine in well-patient visit)
Project Completion Attestation (link to be released)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the following: